Friday, June 21, 2013

And we're back!

So here I am now sitting in the DENVER airport.....crazy crazy. But I thought that I should write at least one more entry to conclude the 3 weeks of European fun!

We left Berlin on Wednesday, which was excellent considering that they basically had the entire city shut down for Obama's speech. My mom and I got up a little early so that we could go for a walk. I was curious to see if we could see any of the hoopla surrounding Obama's visit -- and we could. We were trying to get to the Tiergarten which is the enormous park on the other side of the Brandenburg Gate -- but we were blocked at almost every attempt. So the way that we ended up going took us past the Ritz which was where he was staying. It was surrounded by police and these weird green tank looking trucks and there were a bunch of men on the roof as well. It was really insane. After a bunch of weaving through the streets, we did actually make it to the park, which was beautiful. We only had a little time there before we needed to head back to the hotel -- and hope to not get blocked.


Weird.....


Tiergarten


Men on top of the Ritz


Guarding the Ritz

That basically concluded our vacation. We got back to the hotel and left shortly after that. We did get to see Air Force One and the two other planes flying with it -- they were at the same airport from which we were leaving, so that was pretty cool! Flights were uneventful except that we had an exciting layover of about 25 minutes (unlike my 7 hour layover right now!). 


Air Force One

I do love being back in America -- I'm headed out to the ranch now for about 6 days and then (finally) headed home to Rochester for about a week before moving to NYC! I do have the domain 'ebsinnyc' reserved...haven't decided exactly how I'm going to use it yet.....suggestions are welcome!

Until next time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment