Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Parc Andre Citroen, une promenade, et la reprise de la natation.....

Just a quick entry about the last couple of days before heading out for lunch....

Sunday, I ended up sleeping until around 11 (oops!) -- I went for a quick run along the Seine and down to Paris' own Statue of Liberty -- one of my favorites! It was a really nice day, so pretty much everyone was out enjoying it which made it a little difficult to run....oh well. I met Marilu after she and Alain got out of church around 12:15 and we made a quick trip to the marche. Unfortunately, by that time, a lot of the good stuff had already been taken!

We came back and had some lunch, and then we went out for a nice walk to the Parc Andre Citroen which is over to the far west side of the 15e arrondissement. It's a really beautiful park -- and while it was still crowded, it wasn't stifling like the Champs de Mars.


Park


Me and Marilu!

We had a fairly relaxing rest of the day -- and she made pasta with tomatoes and pesto for dinner, which is one of my favorites! 

Yesterday, I forced myself to get up earlier than 11.....but still didn't get out of the apartment until around noon. Somehow just being back here and in my old room makes me fall back into my own routine of doing whatever I want to do -- I don't have school or anything particular that I need to be doing, which makes it hard to force myself to go out and do stuff! 

Around noon, I made myself leave and started a huge walk (which I later mapped to be nearly 10 miles). I started across the Seine and walked up through Trocadero so that I could look across and see the Eiffel Tower -- always a great view. Then I just took whichever roads look appealing -- kind of a fun way to go. I ended up on Avenue Kleber, and by happenstance, I passed Credit Suisse's Paris office which was fun to see (since I start in their NYC office in essentially a month). 


View from Trocadero


Credit Suisse a Paris! 

I made it a goal to get down to Montparnasse because there's a great street down there that is known for having tons of creperies -- I figured it would be good to have a crepe before leaving Paris! It probably took me over an hour to get down there and I finally made it to Le Petit Josselin which is a creperie that I know I've tried to eat at several times (known for being one of the best) and it had always been too crowded. I guess being a party of 1 going at 2:15 helped! DELICIOUS crepe filled with creamy chive potatoes, cheese, egg, and then topped with bacon.....great for my waistline too, I'm sure -- but when in Paris! 


YUM

After that, I slowly started to make my way back home -- it took a little over an hour once again. Last night, I made my comeback in the pool (kidding) -- but I just went to practice to see everyone and actually somehow made it through the whole practice....about 4000 meters. It wasn't exactly pleasant. 

Marilu invited Jessica (the student they hosted about 5 years ago - who's now engaged to a Frenchman!) and Sarah (the girl who just stayed with them this past year) over for dinner last night which was really lovely. They loved having 3 of their former students all together! 

That's all for now! 



No comments:

Post a Comment