Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ma familly, Une compet de natation, VACANCES!

Apologies for the lack of blog entries....my family's been taking up quite a bit of my time -- how dare they! I'm going to make this quick, but I thought that I'd just give a quick update....

We just got back from a wonderful steak frites dinner at Le Relais de Venize in the 17th arr. Absolutely superb. It's the only thing they serve there and they just come around with big plates of french fries and steak in this buttery sauce and even come around to give second helpings! We got an assortment of desserts -- profiteroles for my dad, my mom and I split this tower of meringues with ice cream in between smothered in hot chocolate sauce -- delicious. And Becca, my brother's girlfriend got the chocolate cake which also looked delicious. We're all somewhat over-pleasantly full, but it was definitely worth it.

Over the past few days -- I swam in a swim meet this past weekend where I qualified for the "meetings nationaux" which as I understand, are a series of national meets? But I'm still kind of working on what exactly that entails...

We've been to the Louvre, the Musee d'Orsay, walked ALL OVER the place -- Champs Elysees, Eiffel Tower, Opera Garnier, etc. And also eaten lots of delicious delicious food!!

Here's a picture of the Swett family reunited last night at dinner chez une amie!


Hope everyone is well, and a bientot! (Maybe....)

No comments:

Post a Comment