Sunday, February 5, 2012

La compete et la neige!

So when I woke up this morning at SIX AM -- what should I see outside, but SNOW. IN PARIS. Who would have ever thought!!! It was actually the pretty kind of snow that was gently floating -- and there was barely a layer on the ground, but apparently that's still enough for people to completely freak out!

This weekend was one that was consumed by a swim meet - surprise! It was one of the "Meetings Nationaux" -- which I believe is a fairly competitive meet, but not tip-top. It was in Massy, which is a suburb of Paris, which wasn't too far (about 20 minutes by car, and about an hour by RER -- which luckily I only had to do once!). I was so excited that it was in a realllllly nice pool with touchpads and everything! So fancy!

Yesterday, I swam the 100 back and came in 4th at finals -- and today I swam the 200 back and swam again in finals and came in 2nd! I swam another event today -- but it's not worth even mentioning that one....it was pretty ugly!

But yes, when I left home at 6:40 this morning to go and meet my ride -- the snow was falling! It was somewhat entertaining to see the driver (the mom of one of the other swimmers) talking about how serious the road conditions were getting and how everything might be closed -- and oh no! What if they have to cancel the meet! There was barely a centimeter of snow on the ground. Calm down, Paris! It's not that bad!

Honestly, that's about all to report -- I'm pretty exhausted so I'm about to head to bed! But I thought I'd briefly report on the meet -- and more importantly, the SNOW. Which will probably be gone by tomorrow....but who knows.

Here are a couple of pictures -- one of the pool where the meet was, and a view of the snow from my balcony!



A bientot!

1 comment: