Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Un diner extraordinaire, un au revoir a Nyanya et les vacances!

This is a quick one since I have to head off to my final class before VACATION!! Wooo! Hard to believe that it's already here. I'm catching a train tonight at 19h06 which will take me to Mannheim, and then in Mannheim, I get on the train that takes me to Prague! Where I will sleep hopefully most of the way, and then arrive tomorrow at around 10am! Then I'll be in Prague until Saturday around noon when I will take the bus to Vienna to see my friend from high school, Peter Grassl -- and we'll do lots of Austrian things....should be lots of fun.

Last night is definitely worth writing about! A couple of years ago, my uncle, Allan, aunt, Jen, and cousin, Perrin, hosted a girl from Paris who was in the states with her school -- and so her family invited me over to dinner! For the most part, they all speak English (and French, of course) -- and they also invited their nephew who is American, goes to UCLA, and is here on a semester study abroad program -- he was incredibly nice too! The food was wonderful -- lots of little pasta dishes, these pieces of procuitto stuffed with ricotta cheese and some greens, tomatoes and mozzarella -- all was so so good!! But it was just a really great evening -- more wonderful people. It turns out that they know the American family that I know from swimming! Such a small world -- it boggles my mind.

Today, I had to say good bye to Marilu's mom -- which is rather sad. They're leaving on Sunday to take her back to Portugal. She's been so wonderful to have around -- even though she always antagonizes me for not wearing socks in the house...It will be a bit lonelier without her around!

Here's a picture of the two of us -- which makes me look like a giant, but that's okay! Such a sweet lady.


Probably won't be blogging until next week -- and hopefully, I'll have lots of fun things to share!

A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment