Thursday, February 9, 2012

La froideur! Et PGs.

So clearly, I've been falling behind a bit. Again. And there's really no excuse because besides classes and swimming, I haven't had too much to do!

My classes have continued to go very well -- I'm learning more about the European Union than I could ever want to know, which is great, especially since I'm learning it from Europeans! Who are particularly enthusiastic about the subject. My France and Europe professor continues to be wonderful -- her class is so interesting, and it's been fascinating to learn the reasons behind and how the EU was formed.

My historical geography class of the EU is kind of an interesting class -- well, the subject matter is interesting. Especially when the professor brings his slide projector from 1974 and projects slides of different European countries on the wall to show us the landscapes! People continue to talk throughout the class which gets pretty obnoxious -- but the professor has an entertaining way of dealing with it. Either he calls the person out, or he just starts talking really quietly....

I have an "Explication du Texte" about a verse of Ronsard's Discours on Tuesday -- which is a 15 minutes presentation a l'orale. In front of the entire class. Which is entirely full of trendy French students. Yippee! I know what I'll be doing tomorrow....

I had a particularly wonderful lunch today with my friend Louisa who introduced me to a new restaurant right down the street from Catho called PG's. It's run by an American but it's got quite the variety of options! We each got a "PG" which iin this case stands for "Pain Grille" (or toast) -- and it was kind of like a little pizza. I got the "Best of Bayonne" which had proscuitto, eggplant, melted cheese, and then some parmesan sprinkled on top -- it was delicious. And it also came with a side salad. A little pricy -- but overall, a wonderful meal, especially on such a chilly day!

So yes, the icy temperatures continue to make Paris a little drearier than usual -- it's hard to get motivated to go out and do things when each time I step outside my nose starts to run. Everyone seems to walk a little more quickly and the metros are a little busier -- I'm hoping it gets warmer soon!

Here's a picture of the wonderful lunch that Louisa and I had today --


A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment