Monday, January 16, 2012

Quelques nouveaux etudiants, la natation disorganisee, et je ne sais pas?

I feel like I always need three things to put in the title -- but I couldn't think of another one, hence the "Je ne sais pas."

I started my day off with a trip to the airport! Because who doesn't love that, right? I actually did have a reason -- I was one of two students meeting the new second semester students when they arrived at CDG at 10:30 this morning. I took the RER B which was packed when I got on, but essentially cleared out once we got passed the Paris border. I made my way to the 2A terminal which was where their flight was due to arrive and waited for a while for Noah (the other student) and Madame Stevens to arrive. Finally, at about 10:50, the new students came out of the arrivals' door with all of the their luggage, and we trekked outside to the vans that were waiting to take them to their Parisian homes.

I rode with two girls from Hamilton and a guy from Amherst -- all were great! It was a weird feeling though to be the "experienced" one of the bunch, and explaining different things to them. In comparison, of course it seems like I've been here a long time, but in reality -- it still feels like I got here last month. I can't believe that it's past the middle of January! Slow down, time!! Stop going to quickly! But I really enjoyed accompanying them as they got dropped off -- and it definitely made me relive, somewhat, the day that I was dropped off at where I now call home. Very odd feeling indeed.

I spent the rest of the day trying to continue my work on this paper that I have very little motivatioin to do. But the sooner I get it done, the sooner it will be over, right? Easier said than done. Much easier said than done.

The swimming schedule has been totally thrown off for the next two weeks while they get rid of the bacteria they found in the showers. Tonight, I swam in the 33m pool at Montparnasse with the masters' team. It was nice to not have to fight my way through the general public, but I always get thrown off with the bizarre length. Instead of 12x50, we do 12x66....it's very weird.

I'm trying to get this paper out of the way so that I can get back to taking advantage of things in this wonderful city. I still have my list but I think I need to post it on my wall so that I look at it everyday and remind myself to get my rear in gear and get out and do things!

Today's photo goes back to one of my repeted subjects: the beloved Pastel. I apologize for those who find him a very boring photo subject, but I do think he's adorable -- as bizarre as he is...he's still frequently on the couch in my room when I get home (especially when there are strange people around the house) -- and whenever I leave an article of clothing on the couch, he makes sure to warm it up and leave me a little fur....he's ever so thoughtful.

So today, he found my jeans rather comfortable:



It's kind of hard to NOT love that face....

A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment