Monday, September 19, 2011

Les claviers des français sont plus difficiles.

This is going to be a quick one because I am using Alain's computer and the keyboard is all different and so it's taking me much longer to type....

Started my day off with a run and then got ready and went to my architecture class at Reid Hall. The professor is pretty funny -- he's really into punk rock and going to clubs and dancing and he asked us all if we went to see the gay pride events this weekend...none of us did. But we spent the class going over the generic history of architecture in France and the syllabus.

I then went to lunch with the girls from the class -- I brought my leftover salad from yesterday and some leftover pasta from last night's dinner -- actually pretty good! We ate in the Jardin du Luxembourg, which isn't too shabby...

I did some work in Reid Hal while waiting for my next class at 4,my Théatre class! The professor also teaches at Paris III, and he's very enthusiastic which is pretty great. We did some basic first-day-of-class stuff and went over all the plays we'll be going to throughout the semester! (more about that later) The only difficult thing is that the class is two and a half hours long...

After class let out, a few of us went on a hunt to buy the first play (L'Avare by Molière) which proved harder than expected. Some how we were able to find 4 used copies at this bookstore that were 50 centimes each! crazy.

I was on my own for dinner because Alain and Marilu were at his mother's t celebrate her birthday! But they left me a steak to cook and I had some cheese and green beans! Very good! tried to finally get my schedule down on paper after dinner....hopefully it won't change much!

photo of the day -- coming tomorrow, but it's of one of the coolest metro stations in the city! i don't have access to internet at the moment on my computer.

Alors, à tout à l'heure!

No comments:

Post a Comment