Thursday, September 22, 2011

Un peu "overwhelmed"!

Now that things are really getting going -- it's getting a little overwhelming! I started today with a little run, which turned more into a walk at the end because my legs were tired...I went to the Parc Andre Citroen by running along the river -- and the park is really very cool! Kind of oddly modern, but it was nice to be in a greener space. I made my way home eventually (walking).

I was slow to get out the door today -- I didn't have anywhere to be, so I ended up just taking the bus to Reid Hall to do my architecture reading. I walked down the street to grab some lunch -- I was kind of sick of sandwiches, so I splurged and got a salad! Which was delicious -- lettuce, tomatoes, some bacon, and goat cheese! And the best part, is that the dressing is the little tiny bottle of olive oil and vinegar! Yum! And also a piece of bread. I ate at Reid Hall, and then discovered that my economics class doesn't have enough hours in the semester to make a full credit, so in order to fix it, I'm adding another course to my schedule! So now I'll have 7.25 hours of class on Tuesday -- in French. And 6/7.25 is about economics.

I headed to the Middlebury building with Jennifer (from Hamilton), and then after the professor showed up 20 minutes late -- we had class! He is really enthusiastic about the subject - which is great, except that that means he talks really really quickly and is often pretty difficult to understand! So it was a bit overwhelming today.

After class, I took the metro home and hung out for a bit before getting my stuff and heading to practice! Many more people there today -- I did about a half an hour of abs with a few of the guys, and then we swam for an hour and a half! Not too hard, but still a good workout. And everything feels a bit harder because I'm not always entirely what's going on....But the really cool part was that the coach used his iPad to take a video of my stroke and then showed it to me at the end of the lane between sets so that I could see what I needed to fix with my stroke. Pretty awesome!

I headed home around 9:15, and fixed myself some steak and eggs because Marilu and Alain are at their son's house to celebrate his birthday! Skyped with Katie Jagel to finalize her visit to Paris in 2 weeks (yay!) -- and now attempting to watch the season premiere of Glee on a random website which doesn't seem to want to work....

Unfortunately, no picture of the day today (well, not actually from today) -- I'll include one that I've taken since I've been here though...it's the view from the kitchen window!

A tout a l'heure!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, urban living. I love reading your posts everyday.

    We missed the Glee season premier, too. It won't be available regular Hulu or Fox until Wednesday.

    (From Jen)

    ReplyDelete