Monday, September 26, 2011

Quatre semaines!

Hard to believe that today marks four weeks since I left the states! Crazy -- seems like forever ago and at the same time, like we just left. So funny how that works. Not too much to tell from today

I made myself get up and out this door this morning and took the bus to Reid Hall -- I sat next to a guy (who barely looked my age) who decided to roll his own cigarette while sitting there. It was quite the little process! I thought he was actually going to light it on the bus, but luckily he didn't. I attempted to study for my architecture quiz and printed all of the various forms that I need to send in to officially join my swim club! Then I had my architecture class where we had our quiz -- which was extremely specific -- and after class, I decided to go try to find a Monoprix to grab some lunch. Fail.

I ended up walking back to my favorite salmon-sandwich place near Reid Hall, but this time got a piece of quiche with some ham! Yum! And I also got a wheat roll with some seeds and raisins in it. Very delicious as well! I ate in the courtyard at Reid Hall -- beautiful day out today. In the 70s and sunny! I decided to stay outside and read the rest of my play for class, L'Avare, on a nearby bench. Very peaceful.

I struggled to stay awake during my theater course -- 2.5 hours is a long time! We discussed the play and prepared to go see it tomorrow at the Comedie-Francaise! Our professor kept us about 10 minutes over, which normally wouldn't be a big deal, but I was trying to get to practice in just 30 minutes, which turned into 20! This time, the public transportation pulled through for me, and I made it on time!

I'm really enjoying swimming with this team -- it's nice to just be training because I want to be, and nothing really "counts" because it's with completely different people and a different sized pool. I came home and found some leftovers waiting for me to "rechauffe" -- chicken and green beans! Yum! And I had some of my favorite bread -- pain de mais, which is a Portugese thing. I finished off my meal with some grapes and some of Marilu's chocolate "sausage" which is this log of chocolate (almost fudge like?) mixed with little pieces of biscuits. So delicious.

Long day tomorrow, so I'm going to head to bed! No picture today, but I'm sure I'll find some later in the week!

A bientot!

1 comment:

  1. Cornbread? You went to France to eat Portugese cornbread? Bon dieu! Did you learn nothing on your travels in Georgia?

    ReplyDelete