Monday, October 24, 2011

En Ecosse!

So today was a pretty nice and relaxing day of vacation! I woke up around 9 and had a little breakfast. I decided to check out the pool that is just behind Mel's apartment! It's quite a nice and bright pool -- there were two lanes, a fast and a slow lane -- and for some reason, they had the slow lane going clockwise and the fast lane going counterclockwise, which when you think about it, doesn't really make too much sense...

But anyways, I ended up swimming about 4600 -- it felt like the pool was about 15 yards long because I've been training in a 50 meter pool, but it turned out that the pool was indeed 25 yards long. After my 4600, I got changed and headed back to Mel's to drop off some stuff and get some other stuff and then walked to meet her over by the university library. She was working on a group project and since they were on a roll, I sat outside and started to read my trashy vacation novel -- which is awesome. And it was also some great people watching!

When Mel finished up, we walked to what she calls the "Jesus Cafe" -- which is this cafe run by a church in this back alley -- and you would never know it was there. We both got soup and a roll -- both of which were delicious! I had the mushroom soup and a whole wheat roll, and Mel had the carrot and coriander (aka cilantro) soup -- and then we each had a bit of carrot cake! Which was equally as delicious. The cafe is pretty cool -- it was really busy, and it's nice to know that some of the money they bring in goes to charity!

From lunch, we went to Black Medicine which is this really awesome cafe -- Mel meets a friend there most weeks to do work. We got a drink and settled down to do some work -- I finished my play for my theater class (Le jeu de l'amour et du hasard) and we had a nice time sitting and chatting.

After a few hours we made our way home via the grocery store to pick up some things for dinner. Mel went out for a run and I hung out for a bit. She made a delicious dinner or noodles with a sauce of chicken and vegetables! Yum! We had a fairly lazy evening and watching "Smokin' Aces" - which isn't exactly uplifting, but it was quite interesting!

So I believe that's it for today! Headed off to the Highlands tomorrow -- so hopefully I'll have some good things to recount when I return!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment