Monday, October 17, 2011

Je deteste courir pour ne pas rater le metro....

So I've discovered that if I truly close the window shades (the metals ones out on the balcony), it stays really dark in my room. Like really dark. Which is great if I don't have to actually wake up in the morning, but when I need to (like today), it can make things rather challenging.

I somehow made it out the door by around 9:20 and headed out to catch the bus -- which came within 1 minute of me arriving at the bus stop. It's always a good sign when there are people waiting when you get to the bus stop....just like on the metro -- it's NOT a good sign if when you're walking down to the platform, there's a mob of people coming up the stairs. Newsflash: you missed the metro. And have to wait for the next one.

When I got to Reid Hall, I printed out my architecture paper and studied for my quizz, and then went up to class where we started talking about the 17th and 18th centuries in Parisian architecture. It's incredible how much architecture is in Paris alone -- we continue to talk about all these buildings and monuments and I always think to myself, "wow, it would be really cool to see that!". Well. We usually do go and see the things we talk about...unless they were destroyed centuries ago!

After class, I spent some time in the computer room finishing up my theater paper and also beginning my research on the Nigerian economy! Thrilling, I know. Try to contain your excitement. I grabbed a quick lunch from Dia (the super-discount grocery store) which is just about a block away from Reid Hall, and then I continued to work/procrastinate until class at 4. We discussed all the different aspects of the play and compared them to those in the text, which was actually quite interesting. There are so many different interpretations and reasons behing why things are a certain way -- it's mind boggling.

My Monday routine consists of rushing to the metro after class and taking it to the pool for practice at 7 -- which I've miraculously discovered only takes about 20 minutes. Practice was uneventful -- lots of technique work which is fine, it just was very disjointed and 2 hours worth is a bit long to do stuff like that! I took the metro with some of the guys from the team -- hence my title for today. As we entered the metro station, the metro was arriving. So I was forced to run up the stairs about 4 at a time so that I could make it on with them. Silly me for thinking that my work out had ended at the pool!

Marilu left me these DELICIOUS pastry things that were filled with cheese for dinner. Yum yum yum. I heated them up in the oven which made the crust nice and crisp and flaky, and the cheese was all melted and oozing in the middle. So. Good.

I believe that's about it -- busy getting work done for the week and then getting ready to head off on Thursday! I'm quite excited about that.

A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment